Coffman Engineers has been making a positive impact in the communities where we work for over 40 years. Our unique cultural balance of challenging projects and lively staff engagement has set us apart as a leading multidiscipline consulting engineering firm across the US. We are seeking a highly motivatedSenior Fire Protection Engineer to join our team of professionals in our Los Angeles office!
The right candidate will have work history that includes performing consulting services for external and internal clients utilizing fire protection engineering technical skills.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from accredited college or university
- Fire Protection specific degree not required
· Fire Protection Engineering License by examination issued by any state in the United States
· Minimum of 10 years working experience in the Fire Protection profession
· Travel is required (estimated travel percentage 20%)
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including oral presentation skills
· Ability to work on a high functioning team
Duties and Skills:
· Performing analysis of existing fire protection systems, as well as designing new fire protection systems including suppression systems, fire detection, alarm and mass notification systems
· Performing building and fire code analysis and interpretation
· Managing day-to-day contacts with internal and external clients while utilizing experience and technology to meet expectations
· Possess project management skills for managing internal projects as well as external client needs
· Performing research and documenting for internal and external distribution
· Building and fire code analysis and interpretation
· Project management skills for managing internal projects as well as external client needs
· Provide peer reviews of colleagues’ work product
· Attend and participate in local and national professional organizations, such as SFPE and NFPA
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offer a comprehensive benefits plan, flexible PTO program, an open collaborative environment, professional development, community opportunities, and lively employee activities. But the best part of working here is being in an environment that allows you to be yourself, be respected, work alongside other intelligent motivated people, and have some good hearty fun while you impact the built environment around you!
Our Los Angeles office has two locations, one in Encino and one in the heart of downtown. Both locations are close to great food options, shopping, with limitless activities to do and sights to see! We welcome the dedicated and the driven to join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coffman-Engineers-Reviews-E409809.htm
Coffman at a Glance:
·40 years in business
·500+employeesserving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
·Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
·70+ employees in 9 offices, providing Fire Protection services since 2014
·#27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
·#177 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2019
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to create a user profile that allows you to manage the application process, answer a few questions, attach your resume and other documents, and then submit. We look forward to learning more about you! If you are accessing this from outside our website, go tohttps://www.coffman.com/home/careers/openings/los-angeles-engineering-firm-openings/ and open the appropriate position posting.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.